Given the latest government advice for Coronavirus (COVID-19), YesMore Agency has provided all our clients with strategic advice for drinks marketing during this uncertain time.
We’ve had an incredible response. With all our clients being incredibly grateful for the clear direction amidst such an unclear future.
SO, to share the love, we’ve published a revised (and slightly updated) version of our presentation for anyone in industry involved in drinks marketing to download (below) and interpret as you wish.
We’re also updating a blog post all about what the On Trade bars, restaurants, cafes and hotels can do whilst they need to be shut down: COVID-19 Coronavirus advice for On Trade.
DRINKS MARKETING ADVICE – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
We’re updating the deck regularly, so simply enter your details and the most up to date version will be available for download immediately. Plus, it’ll be sent to your email automatically.
It includes some Coronavirus (COVID-19) marketing advice for both Off Trade retailers & supermarkets, as well as On Trade bars, pubs & restaurants. However, see our separate blog post for more detailed Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for On Trade, Bar, Pub & Restaurant Marketing during this time.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) DRINKS MARKETING ADVICE
- Re-focus your brand and business objectives to be around awareness, engagement and loyalty
- If you have to focus on sales, re-focus your energy on direct to consumer and eCommerce
- Re-prioritise your marketing & content pillars by up-weighting some and down-weighting others
- Consider influencer marketing activity, with influencers creating beautiful content in their home
- Consider (tasteful) marketing campaigns, BUT get an unbiased 3rd party to sanity check your idea
- Set up keyword searches to track conversation and sentiment of your brand and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 12 golden rules to remember – including being mindful of the nations low mood and your duty to do responsible alcohol marketing that does not capitalise on someone needing cheering up with booze
What have we missed?
Have you got more ideas, suggestions and thoughts to share?